Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Surrendering Your Life to Jesus

What must I do to be saved?

The Bible says in Romans 10:9
 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord 
and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, 
you will be saved."

Surrendering your life is Jesus is that simple.  The plan of salvation was made possible by Jesus sacrificing His life on the cross.  All we have to do to be saved is to believe and confess our sins.  We must not focus on our past but look ahead to a new life in Christ.

We all have a past.  How is it that some can move on while others stay bound by it?  I admit that it is often difficult to let go...but God's Word says that we are made new in Christ.  So as we slowly wrap our mind around being a new creature in Christ, the past is loosening its grip and we are free.


Romans 8:1 says: “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”  Jesus told the woman that was caught in the act of adultery that He did not condemn her. There were many people that encircled her, stones firmly grasped in their hands, ready to destroy her, but Jesus said that he who was without sin to cast the first stone.  The fists that were full of hatred and accusation and ready to kill suddenly let go of the judgment as the stones fell to the ground. The woman was pardoned and released - she was free to go and sin no more. 

 Maybe you can relate to that woman- maybe your past sins surround you, ready to condemn to death. Just look into the eyes of Jesus- full of compassion and redemption- and realize that if you are covered by the blood, then you are free. 

If you are reading this and Jesus is not Lord of your life and you would like for Him to be, then read the following scriptures and pray the sinner's prayer with all of your heart. 

The Bible says:

1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



By confessing your sins and asking Jesus to forgive- you can be saved if you believe in Him. 

Acts 16:31   And they said,  “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

The sinner's prayer:

"Jesus, I believe in You and that You died to give me eternal life. I realize that I am a sinner, I ask that you would forgive me of my sins and cover me with Your blood. I'm sorry for the wrong that I have done. I ask You to come into my heart and make me new. I will follow You and Your Word for the rest of my life. Thank You for Your mercy and grace that gives me new life.
I ask this in Jesus name, amen."

The Bible says that they overcame by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony (Rev 12:11).   If you prayed that prayer, then the blood has been applied- so you need to tell someone that you accepted Jesus into your life.  Spend time each day in prayer and Bible reading. 

For those dealing with the past or for those that just made Jesus Lord of their life ... 
Go and sin no more. 


It's a new day in Christ!


                              

No comments:

Post a Comment