Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Last on the List

What is on the top of your list?

I've observed many people that have an overloaded schedule.  How many times do we run ourselves crazy, only to realize when we crawl into bed that we've left out time for God?  I have been guilty of that many times.  

There are some friends that I have, however, that never place God on their schedule.  He is on the bottom of their list . . . that is, until they have an emergecncy- and then He suddenly appears at the top...only to fall back to the bottom when things have settled down.

These friends often take Sunday to do a DIY project, or clean the yard, or just lay around and watch movies.  They rarely take time to attend church - there's too many others things keeping them busy.  I know how demanding life is, I have raised three children and lived through the craziness that comes with being a mom.  But if your life is too busy for God... then you are too busy.  Take a good look at your schedule and thin out some things

One day each of us will have to give an account for what we have and haven't done.  

A quote from many years ago that has stuck in my mind-

You are not responsible for the whole world,
just for what was entrusted to you.

Think about what God has entrusted to you-
your talents
your career
your children
your finances
your friendships

If you stood before God today and had to give an account for each of these, how would you stand?

Every day I have to take a look at my list and make sure  I have things in the right order and rearrange as needed.

Where is God on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment