Monday, March 3, 2014

Lamb of God

"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost until he finds it?


 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." (Luke 15: 4-7)

This chapter begins by saying that the sinners drew near to Jesus.  How He wishes that we would all draw near to Him.  In order to build a strong relationship with someone, you have to spend time with them . . . likewise, the only way to draw close to Jesus is to spend time with Him.  Do you carve time out of your busy schedule to dwell in His presence?  If not, then you are too busy!  
This parable of Jesus demonstrates His great love.  He is concerned for each sinner.  His love is emphasized in this passage, for this is followed by the parable of the lost coin, and the prodigal son.  He stresses the point through three stories to let us know of His mercy to everyone and the importance of each soul.
So, rejoice and be glad- for God's love and mercy is extended to all.
Strive to draw near to Him, daily.  
It doesn't matter where you've been or what you've done, run to Jesus- for in Him you will find salvation.


There was an aching in my heart
that only His tender touch could find
Bitterness took the joy 
and treated this life so unkind
So afraid to trust this world
I hid far from the ninety and nine...
And when I thought no one could find me,
I heard the Saviour calling- just in time

This time, it was me

That He walked that extra mile for
And when these eyes could not see
I was led by His tender voice
In love He chastened me
With His staff and rod
And though unworthy I may be
I became a lamb of God

No comments:

Post a Comment