Friday, January 23, 2015

His Mercies Are New Each Morning

   I hurriedly grabbed my purse, lunch box, and totebag as I pulled on my coat and headed out the door.  The plan was to make it to my workplace in time to take a picture of the beautiful sunrise.  This had been my mission for several weeks as I attempted to catch the 'just right moment' on my camera.  I had almost caught it twice, missing the view by a few minutes.  Frustrating!  Funny, how in a matter of minutes- sometimes seconds- a beautiful sunrise or sunset can change.

   I looked out the third floor window one morning, very disappointed.  The gorgeous sky that I had admired on my way to work with such deep yellow and red hues had evolved into one pink cloud . . . that wasn't even pretty.  UGH!

    As I stood there looking at that one little pink cloud, the thought came to me that no matter what the 'view' was, the sun still came up.  Sometimes the entire sky gloriously proclaims the new day.  There are other times when the sky holds no clouds at all, and before you know it, the sun is up.  And then, there are stormy seasons when the sun can't be seen at all because of dark clouds and often lasts a few days, but the sun is still there although obscured from sight.

 I was reminded that God is faithful. The promise in Lamentations 3:23 states that the Lord's mercies are new every morning.  The verse proclaims, "great is Thy faithfulness"- wow, what a message!  No matter what is going on in my life, on the beautiful days and the not-so-beautiful, God's mercy abounds.  When it's dark and I've messed everything up -His light is still shining, for His mercies are new each day!  

   God is faithful . . .  in good times and bad . . .  when everything is beautiful . . .  or when stormclouds darken the sky -because no matter what- His mercy is everlasting.  It is a new day in Christ.

And yes, I finally caught the 'just right moment'.




No comments:

Post a Comment